Reiki is a holistic therapy with Japanese origin, created by the Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. From the Japanese, reiki - meaning "mysterious atmosphere" and derived from the mandarin "língqì" - "supernatural influence", the word reiki is now translated as "universal energy of life."
Unlike many alternative and holistic medicines, Reiki is not a diagnostic technique. However it is used as complementary therapy that assists in the healing process, by revitalizing and balancing each patient physically, emotionally, psychically and spiritually.
How Reiki Works
In addition to not performing diagnoses, performing doing only Reiki sessions does not cure anything. It is a complementary holistic therapy that assists the patient in the healing process: not only in complementarity with other therapies but also in the self-healing ability of each patient.
Reiki is based on the transmission of positive and healing energies through the therapist's hands to the patient's body and energetic points. Each session can be performed with the patient sitting or lying down. No touch is required unless requested by the patient.
5 Reiki’s Principles
There are 5 principles of Reiki that should be followed by those who practice this technique, especially by therapists:
1. I am Calm - Ikaruna - 怒るな
2. I Trust - Shinpaisuna - 心配すな
3. I Am Grateful – Kanshashite -感謝して
4. I Work Hard - Gyo wo hageme -業をはけめ
5. I Am Kind - Hito ni shinsetsu ni -人に親切に
The use of Reiki, as complementary therapy, has several benefits:
- Pain Relief
- Emotional Relief
- Cleans and clarifies the energy field
- Improves blood circulation
- Relief of symptoms derived from other treatments, such as surgeries, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Improves the lymphatic system
- Relief of symptoms from several diseases or hormonal states, such as: sinusitis, rhinitis, menopause, asthma, arthritis, insomnia, depression and anxiety
- Reduces stress
- Relax and balance the four holistic systems: physical, psychic, emotional and spiritual.
Always thinking about our customers' satisfaction...
Want to know prices, available services or other issues?
Please, fill the form:
Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, nº 31, 7º A,1050-117 Lisboa
- T: +351 960 452 050
- T: +351 912 049 724
- T: +351 215 940 063
Rua da Trindade, nº 30, 1º Esq,1200-234 Lisboa
- T: +351 213 530 100
- T: +351 963 003 073