Definition of Abhyanga Massage
The Abhyanga Massage is an Ayurvedic medicine therapy.
Abhyanga means "oiling" and its massages are performed with a set of oils with medicinal and therapeutic functions. So there will be no equal oil for different patients, since each massage and each oil is made according to the needs of each patient. The amount of oil used also depends from patient to patient.
Abhyanga Massage’s Benefits
There are several benefits of using therapy for various conditions and health problems. Among them we stood out:
- Pain Relief
- Muscular tension relief
- Increases blood circulation
- Assists in dependency’s treatment such as alcohol, tobacco and more drugs
- Support in the treatment of headaches (headaches and migraines)
- Balance of the gastric and digestive’s system
- Improves libido (sexual desire)
- Improves skin and hair health
- Improvement of the lymphatic system
- Edema reduction
- Reinforcement of the immune system
- Revitalizing body tissues by eliminating toxins
Contraindications of Abhyanga Massages
There are some situations in which you should avoid using this therapy or that you need to be careful, such as:
- If the patient is pregnant, the therapist need to apply less pressure
- If the patient is menstruating, it can increase hemorrhage
- If the patient experiences symptoms of vomiting, nausea or diarrhea
- If the patient is in a feverish state
- If the patient has recently had a thrombosis or thrombophlebitis
Always thinking about our customers' satisfaction...
Want to know prices, available services or other issues?
Please, fill the form:
Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, nº 31, 7º A,1050-117 Lisboa
- T: +351 960 452 050
- T: +351 215 940 063
- T: +351 213 541 111