What is Hot Stone Massage?
Hot Stone Massage is a very relaxing massage, inserted in holistic therapies, which uses hot volcanic stones to massage the body.
How Hot Stone Massage Works
The volcanic stones, flat and smooth, are heated and placed in specific energetic points, often in the chakras. Its heat allows you to open the chakras, stimulating the circulation of energy in the body and balancing it. It also provides a fantastic feeling of relaxation and comfort.
Sometimes during this massage other holistic techniques are applied, such as aromatherapy, music therapy or both.
Cold stones can also be used and the thermal difference stimulates even more the energetic points that we have throughout the body.
Hot Stone Massage Benefits
Although there are several benefits in using this technique, some of which have already been mentioned, hot stone massages are extremely beneficial for the treatment of:
- Back pains;
- Joint pain;
- Muscle tension;
- Poor blood circulation.
Hot Stone Massage Contraindications
- Have infectious skin diseases;
- Have open wounds;
- Have had surgery recently;
- Are performing chemo or radiotherapy treatments;
- Have a predisposition to clot formation;
- Be pregnant - you should always consult the doctor who is accompanying the pregnancy before performing the massage with hot stones;
- Have inflamed skin, poorly healed wounds, bruises, tumors, recent fractures or hernias - Hot stone massages can not be performed in areas with these characteristics and can be done on the rest of the body.
Have you ever tried relaxation, massage or other therapies? Come and get to know us, enjoy engaging spaces and new experiences, like no others in your life.
Always thinking about our customers' satisfaction...
Want to know prices, available services or other issues?
Please, fill the form:
Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, n║ 31, 7║ A,1050-117 Lisboa
- T: +351 960 452 050
- T: +351 912 049 724
- T: +351 215 940 063