Definition of Anma Massage
During the Anma massages, the therapist applies therapeutic and relaxation techniques such as pressure, vibration or stretching, among others. These techniques are administrated without the use of oils or creams and without it being necessary for the client (massaged person) to remove any piece of clothing to enjoy a relaxed massage. This technique is commonly used in labor context or in situations where the massage location is public or exposed to the public.
Origin of the Anma Massage
Like any age-old therapy, it is difficult to pinpoint the origin of the Anma Massage, but historical and documents accounts indicate that this technique was developed by Traditional Chinese Medicine more than 3,000 years ago, although its propagation is carried out mostly by Japanese therapeutic currents. Anma means to press (An) and to rub (Ma). The goal of this technique and holistic therapy is to relieve muscle tension, promote good blood circulation and induce a state of relaxation through these two massage techniques on the energy points that are found throughout our body.
Benefits of Anma Massage
In addition to the benefits already mentioned, the main purpose of the Anma Massage is to promote the flow of Chi (vital energy) in the body and also combat various diseases related to blood pressure, asthma, insomnia and sexual dysfunction.
- Relief of chronic pain;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Promotes muscle and body relaxation, among others.
Mental and Spiritual Benefits:
- Improves concentration;
- Improves self-esteem;
- Promotes the sense of well-being;
- Promotes mental relaxation;
- Reduces anxiety, mental and emotional stress, among others.
Indications and Contraindications of the Anma Massage
The Anma Massage is indicated for:
- Relief of headaches, muscle or menstrual pain;
- Fibromyalgia, tendonitis and muscle paralysis;
- Flu, colds and asthmatic bronchitis;
- Blood circulation problems;
- Joints problems;
- Physical, mental and emotional relaxation;
- Rhinitis and sinusitis.
Contraindications of the Anma Massage:
The Anma massages should not be applied when:
- The patient is pregnant (until the end of the first four-month period);
- The patient has some contagious disease;
- The patient is carrying or making treatments of any type of cancer (malignant tumor);
- The patient has a fever;
- The patient has skin infections;
- The patient has undergone some surgery or suffered from a fracture recently.
Always thinking about our customers' satisfaction...
Want to know prices, available services or other issues?
Please, fill the form:
Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, nº 31, 7º A,1050-117 Lisboa
- T: +351 960 452 050
- T: +351 215 940 063
- T: +351 213 541 111